Friday, January 30, 2009

Updating Player Stats

The fact is I am not a soccer expert. Growing up in the United States, I know more about the NFL and American football than the what could be the world's most famous past time of Soccer. My major dilemma is that I don't actually understand what attributes are most important for specific positions.

While I generally understand the basic role/function of a CB, DMF, AMF, SS, CF etc... I don't necessarily understand what attributes are most important for these positions. Reaction, short pass, long pass, dribbling, header, jump, etc... Again, I generally understand what these attributes are... But how do I need to relate them to my player's and their specific position??

So, I've decided to play a few exhibition games on a variety of levels to get a feeling for other teams. As stated on a prior blog entry, I am using an option file that I got off pesgaming which I think is one of the best forums for the PES series.

One match that I played was as USA vs Ireland. I definitely can tell the difference between my user created Santa Cruz Breakers team and Team USA. Obviously, Team USA is way better than my Breakers, but it's more than just a better team. Team USA plays smarter and the players seem to be more aware of the pitch and positions etc... Also, I enjoyed playing the game more than while playing as my own Breakers. While this is initially hard to swallow since I've spent a lot of time creating my team and still do enjoy playing as the Breakers etc...

I've made a decision to compare my current team (individual players) against a number of other teams including Team USA and a number of other teams that are in my League D, Division 2.

After comparing my team / my players to others, it became clear that my player attributes were a bit off. I began to see a trend of what attributes are necessary for CB's compared to DMF as well as AMF compared to CF's etc... I've decided to choose a team that is similar to one of the League D, Division 2 team that is in my league and to use the player attributes for my team.

I know this will take about 1 or 2 hours to do, but it'll be worth doing this now so that I can take my Santa Cruz Breakers into multiple seasons in the Master League.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment