Tuesday, January 20, 2009

PES 2009

I've been a fan of the Pro Evolution Soccer Series since the PS2 days. I switched from playing my typical EA Sports video games and branched out to Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 and fell in love with what I thought was more realistic game play and control. While I typically buy the latest version of a sports game, I skipped any soccer game in 2008 since I heard that PES 2008 was a major disappointment. Ironically, I didn't even consider FIFA 2008.

Instead of getting PES 2008 on the PS2, which I heard was okay, I decided to wait for 2009 and see if PES 2009 would be back to it's glory days or if I would attempt FIFA 2009.

This year, I decided to play both FIFA 2009 and PES 2009 demos on my PS3 and try to decide which game I liked better. It was actually a difficult decision since FIFA 2009 has definitely gotten to be a more solid game. Ironically, it was difficult to get the PES 2009 demo since it was not released on the US PS3. I needed to DL it from the European PS3 site.

While both demos had their positives and negatives, I decided on PES 2009. I have to admit that sticking to it made the most sense since I used to play the Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 on my PS2 and PS3 with my friend Chris. It was a blast playing 2p co-op as the Santa Cruz Breakers with no user created players, just a user created team name! After many games we moved from 80th ranking to the top 20.
Go Breakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment